Friday, April 25, 2008

Fellowship on the Internet

In the post before last I described some of my first reactions to Alison's Ridvan vision, and in the last post I described some of my second thoughts. I concluded that my best response to Baha'i Internet feuds is walking and working with abused and marginalized people in my local community, as I have been doing for years. I now see new horizons in applying the guidance about black/white relationships to all relationships between the dominant culture in each community, and the rest of the community.

That doesn't mean I will abandon practicing and promoting fellowship on the Internet, between people who are promoting the interests of the House of Justice, and people who have grievances against it. I'm on a break now from Internet discussions, but after that I'm planning to try practicing fellowship on the Talisman9 list with people who have grievances against the House of Justice.

Another way of practicing fellowship on the Internet, besides in Internet discussions, might be reading and commenting on people's blog's and Web pages, and linking to them from mine.

I might get ideas by observing more how people with grievances against the House of Justice practice fellowship with each other. They might have learned a lot about practicing fellowship on the Internet, because that's virtually the only place they've been able to do it.

No comments: