Friday, February 13, 2009

Examining some questionable behavior

I'm examining some recurring questionable behavior of mine, which reached a low point in my "Jim's List" post.

I keep wanting to write about something that keeps bothering me in some people's behavior.

!

That's exactly what's bothering me in their behavior: They keep writing about something that keeps bothering them in some other people's behavior.

Fascinating.

I want to examine this behavior of mine, because it occasionally leads to something like "Jim's List."

I started wondering again what's bothering me, and what to do about it, but I don't think that's what I need to examine now. I've done plenty of that already. I don't see my efforts to understand what's bothering me, and to consider what to do about it, as problems in themselves. The problem I see is wandering off sometimes into unhealthy ways of responding.

!

That's exactly my problem with what I see them doing!

It might not be very complicated. Maybe I just need more practice in paying attention to my alarms, and stopping when they come on.

No comments: