Friday, February 6, 2009

Status of projects

I might need to take another break from Internet discussions for a few months. In case there's anyone reading this blog who might be interested, here is the status of some of my projects:

1.Developing friendships.
The idea was to spend time with people, doing things that interest them. I've been trying to read people's blogs, and participate in their discussions, sometimes by commenting in their blogs, sometimes by responding in mine. Sometimes it's been hard for me resist temptations to wander off in contentious directions.

I had chosen one person's blog for sustained and systematic efforts, and I will continue that.

2. Reading people's blogs, learning from them, learning to offer encouragement and support that really helps, and helping them find and use support networks.
That will continue with one person. I haven't started on the part about helping the person to find and use support networks.

3. Looking for the best spirit and fruits I can find, in something I've scorned.
I might try that with the interests of the US government, of Microsoft and of the music and movie industries. That might include trying to find some good in the American hegemony movement, and in the "intellectual property" movement.

4. Series of posts about the framework for action and the views of my AO apostates.
Suspended until after my break.

5. Series of posts in my Deeds Not Words blog, about the framework for action and the people of Baha.
Suspended until after my break.

6. Helping to transmit encouragement, support and learning through walls of prejudice and over gulfs of estrangement, between my apostates and other people who are interested in the writings of Baha'u'llah.
I haven't really started trying to develop friendships with people who might be divided from my apostates. That might have to wait until after my break.

7. Fred's parliament of poets.
That might have to wait until after my break.

8. Learning to ignore signs of disapproval of my ideas and interests, and of what I'm doing with my life.
I haven't really been working on that much. I need to think about that some more.

9. Rediscovering Baha'u'llah.
I've been neglecting that recently. I might spend more time on it during my break.

No comments: