Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Tale of Two Donkeys?

To imaginary friends

As I'm pondering the question of how to promote what we're practicing and learning, I'm seeing RVCBard struggling with the same issue. Pondering the questions she raises, one problem that I see is that we all want to be our own producers and directors, more than we want to support what anyone else is doing. It's hard for me to face letting go of that, but that might be where I need to go. No matter how good the possibilities might be in the performances I'm dreaming of, year after year goes by without finding any collaborators. I might do more good by spending more time and effort working with other people on their performances.

2 comments:

Jim Habegger said...

I've put a lot of time and effort into searching for collaborators for the performances I'm dreaming of, that might have been better spent collaborating with other people on their performances. I'll be pondering that, and if it continues to ring true, I'll try to correct it now.

Jim Habegger said...

In any case, before I spend any more time on the Internet, I want to spend more personal time with some friends, including some family members, on line and off line.