Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Exploring Baha'u'llah's writings together

Today I was thinking about some friends of mine who are interested in Baha'u'llah's writings, and who might do more good with them if they had a better vision of the possibilities, and if they weren't continually distracted by Baha'i feuding. I was also thinking about all the people who are interested in His writings, but whose prejudices and estrangement from each other are getting in the way of them encouraging and supporting each other, and learning from each other.

One way I've thought of helping is to study and practice what the House of Justice has written about the study of the Baha'i Faith. Another way was with my Dialogue/Talisman Chronicles. Now I've thought of another way: I'd like to help transmit encouragement and support and learning through the walls of prejudice and across the gulfs of estrangement.

I've decided to create some new Web pages and a new blog for that purpose. I don't imagine that any of my blogs and Web pages will ever be widely read. It's mostly for my own reference, and for the possibility that some of my ideas will find their way into blogs that are widely read. I've seen that happen already.

One way I might help is to deepen my existing friendships with some people who are interested in Baha'u'llah's writings, and to develop new friendships with others. The existing friendships are mostly with people I associate with the Dialogue/Talisman Chronicles. Two places I might look for new friends are in Baha'i blogs and in Baha'i Studies associations.

No comments: