Saturday, November 29, 2008

Eric Stetson's apology

Eric Stetson has asked me to publish his apology.

An Apology to the Baha'is of This World and the World Beyond
by Eric Stetson - November 12, 2008
http://www.bahai-faith.com/apology.html

Here's the first paragraph, to set the context:
I declared my faith in the Baha'i religion on March 21, 1998; was an observant and active Baha'i for about four years; and resigned my membership in the Baha'i community on November 5, 2002, about six years ago. Before leaving the faith, I wrote and published on the internet a book calling for reform of the Baha'i Faith and claiming prophetic authority to do so, but soon decided I no longer believed in Baha'u'llah's claim of prophethood nor my own. I became a Christian and a strong critic of Baha'u'llah, the Baha'i faith and its organization. Because of the high visibility of my website, www.Bahai-Faith.com, many thousands of people were exposed to my critical views, which I couched as a Christian witness to the truth of Christ and the falsehood of Baha'u'llah and his religion. I apparently became well enough known among Baha'is that I was identified in an academic article by Baha'i author Moojan Momen as one of twelve noteworthy modern "apostates" of the Baha'i Faith.

No comments: