Friday, December 12, 2008

Rediscovering Baha'u'llah

One of my ideas to help me rediscover Baha'u'llah is to study and practice passages addressed to the "people of Baha." I'm starting with The Summons of the Lord of Hosts" because I've been wanting to read that. I read the whole tablet in which I found the first passage. Then I thought about how I could practice subduing the citadels of people's hearts with the swords of wisdom and of utterance. Then I thought about memorizing more of Baha'u'llah's words. I chose a passage from Ruhi Book 6, which led me to the tablet to Siyyid Mihdiy-i-Dahaji. In that tablet, Baha'u'llah says:

"In such manner hath the Kitáb-i-Aqdas been revealed that it attracteth and embraceth all the divinely appointed Dispensations. Blessed those who peruse it. Blessed those who apprehend it. Blessed those who meditate upon it. Blessed those who ponder its meaning. So vast is its range that it hath encompassed all men ere their recognition of it. Ere long will its sovereign power, its pervasive influence and the greatness of its might be manifested on earth. Verily, thy God is the All-Knowing, the All-Informed."

(Baha'u'llah, Tablets of Baha'u'llah, p. 199)

Now I'm going through the Kitab-i-Aqdas again, trying to memorize one paragraph each day, and think about it throughout the day.

No comments: