Sunday, December 14, 2008

Some ideas about Baha'i training programs

I didn't try to organize this at all.

1. I sometimes think of current Baha'i training programs as training programs for people who are working to spread peace, justice, beauty and kindness.

2. I sometimes think of what we're learning to do in the training programs as bringing a new spirit into the life of society.

3. I would like there to be a more clear and sharp distinction in the Ruhi courses, between the writings of Baha'u'llah and the opinions of the authors.

4. I would like to see more encouragement and support for mentoring, to make part of the training available to people who are not well served by formal classes.

5. I would like to see better support for the practices. More ideas, more training in helping people do them.

6. I would like to see more in all the training about developing our relationship with Baha'u'llah, together.

7. I would like to see more visible and systematic efforts to improve the training, and more encouragement and support for all people to participate in that development.

8. I would like the training to include:
- freedom from estrangement
- learning to offer encouragement and support that really helps, to every person
- better appreciation for other initiatives besides those that are derived from community goals
- not stigmatizing members who dissociate themselves from community goals and plans, including Ruhi courses

9. Some possible references for encouragement training:
- Dinkmeyer and Losoncy
- Gerard Egan

10. I think a lot can be learned for training purposes from Neuro-Linguistic Programming.

No comments: