Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Estrangement between groups?

I was imagining two groups of people estranged from each other. Now I see several groups, and some people working alone or in pairs. Now I see the support groups as accessories. The cruelty and estrangement are not caused by the groups. People continue to be cruel because they allow themselves to be cruel. People continue to be estranged because they allow themselves to be estranged. People allow themselves to be cruel, or estranged, because they put other interests ahead of Baha'u'llah's.

2 comments:

Steve Marshall said...

So institutions have no role in estrangement, then?

Jim Habegger said...

I imagine that institutions can have a role in estrangement. I've been imagining that some of the estrangement of people who have dissociated from the Baha'i community has been a reaction to abuse. Institutions can be used as tools of abuse.