Thursday, May 15, 2008

More random thoughts about estrangement

I kept wishing for more visible fellowship across the divide over administration, as a way to help reduce sectarian hatreds. Now I see a need for more people to come out of their estrangement from Talisman liberals or from followers of the House of Justice. I've decided now to just continue practicing and promoting all kinds of intercultural fellowships, without insisting on fellowship across the administration divide.

I wrote:

"People allow themselves to be cruel, or estranged, because they put other interests ahead of Baha'u'llah's."

That's a sweeping generalization that I hereby retract. Instead I will say that a person who allows himself to be cruel, or estranged, might be putting other interests ahead of Baha'u'llah's. That helpful to me, because it gives me an idea about what to do: continue practicing and promoting more devotion to Baha'u'llah's interests.

Today I was thinking that no amount of wrongdoing by the House of Justice could explain why a person would automatically despise everything it's promoting. Then I remembered, that was exactly my reaction to some wrongdoings of my national government. I don't have an explanation for that either, but I don't need one, to know what I want to do about it. I want to find some interests of my national government that I approve of, and try to serve them. I've already searched the government Web site for president's initiatives that I might like, and I found some.

No comments: