Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Baha'u'llah and liberation of the Baha'i Faith

I would like to post a series of articles looking at Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith from various imaginary points of view that I'm calling "liberation" views for now. Some examples of what I might discuss are Baha'i social issues, wrongdoings of Baha'i institutions, worship of the administration and the House of Justice, What Went Wrong and how it might be corrected. In the process I would be discussing some of the resources that Baha'u'llah says are available to his followers for responding to the situation we're in according to those points of view. I'm hoping to arouse more interest among some people in learning more about Baha'u'llah, and in learning more from Him.

Part of my preparation would be to review some of the writings of Karen, Alison, Sen, Fred and others, about liberation issues. When I discuss Baha'u'llah and the Baha'i Faith from various imaginary points of view, it might look like I'm misrepresenting the views of those people, because I will be trying to approach them as closely as possible, and of course I will miss the mark. Even though I won't attach names to the points of view I'm discussing, and I will present them as imaginary, the better I succeed in what I'm trying to do, the more recognizable they will be as approaches to the views of those people.

One reason I'll be trying to do that is to help them and other people with similar views see the relevance of the resources I'll be discussing to their interests.

No comments: