Friday, January 23, 2009

Looking deeper into the views of my Baha'i Watch journalists

Thoughts after reading Baquia's introduction

"I simply hope that by voicing these thoughts, I can come to grips with the spiritual challenges that I am wrestling with personally."

Okay. That helps me put her rants into perspective.

Unity equated with conformity and uniformity in the Baha'i community, sterile group think, excessive centralization, depreciation of personal initiatives, obstacles to investigation and expression, neglect of qualitative aspects, neglect of mystical and spiritual dimensions including the Dawning Place, worship of Shoghi Effendi and the House of Justice opacity. I see all that.

"As Baha’is, we are asked to share our concerns, criticisms and feedback directly with the institutions of the Faith. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be working. It is a most human need to want to be heard and acknowledged.When Baha’is, like myself, do not feel that the institutions fulfill this need, they reluctantly seek other channels. This is not motivated by malice, but by extreme frustration and a hunger for justice."

I see a need for that too, and that also helps me put her rants into perspective.

A way of trying to work things out, and to be heard and acknowledged.

No comments: