Friday, January 9, 2009

It might be better to practice and promote serving the interests of my House of Justice

(Revised - See below)

I'll try to explain more what I mean by that, and how it might be better, and give examples of how to do it.

One example of how it might be better is that it might help remedy the defects in the Baha'i community that I've seen discussed in revitalization writings. Another way is that it might help improve the effects of what the Baha'i community is doing for human progress, supposing that what it's doing is not 100% useless or worse. What the Baha'i community is doing might do more good, if it's done in the right way and in the right spirit.

I've already explained that what I mean by "the interests of my House of Justice," are the interests explicitly stated in messages from the Universal House of Justice seated on Mount Carmel.

Some of my revitalization writers might feel like it would be contrary to their interests to practice and promote serving the interests of the House of Justice. As I understand it, one of their interests is for the Baha'i community to be freed from the cruel and disabling effects of worshiping the administration, of sectarian attitudes and practices, and of the pious bandwagon abuse associated with the goals and plans of the House of Justice. They might think that what is needed is for Baha'is to serve the interests of the House of Justice less, not more.

It might help to:
- clarify the distinction I'm making between the interests of my House of Justice and the possible interests of its members.
- look deeper into the worship of the administration, the sectarian attitudes and practices, and the pious bandwagon abuse; and how they might change.

Some examples of how to practice and promote serving the interests of my House of Justice:
- Highlight the interests stated in its messages and distinguish them explicitly from other interests that people might imagine, especially ideas that are currently popular in the Baha'i community.
- Look for ways to help do what it's inviting people to do, and help other people do the same. That would not necessarily mean actually doing them. Many people, after considering what they might do to help, might decide, with good reason, not to use their time and talents that way.
- Describe its interests in different terms that might make more sense to a variety of people.
- Write about what's missing from the current framework for action, in terms of its interests. I imagine that all of the ideas for liberating the Faith that I've seen among my revitalization writers can be expressed in terms of the interests of my House of Justice.

Revisions
(1) 2008-01-10
"One example of how it might be better is that it might do more than anything I've seen my revitalization writers doing, to help remedy the defects in the Baha'i community that I've seen them writing about."
changed to:
"One example of how it might be better is that it might help remedy the defects in the Baha'i community that I've seen discussed in revitalization writings."

No comments: